Zoomer needs help navigating 50's-80's Hi-Fi equipment

Hello all, I am a 20-something that recently came into possession of my late grandfather’s audio equipment and I want to use as much as I can to set up my own system at home. The main problem is with some of this stuff I have no clue how to connect them together at all, let alone have it in the correct order. I am looking for help in chaining everything together without blowing everything up.

So, I have done some research on what I have recieved and have just been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I just don’t know enough to even Google what I need to know. A small selection of the stuff I was given is as follows:

• Kenwood KR-5600 Stereo Receiver
  • Akai GX-F60R Cassette Deck
  • AudioControl Ten Plus Series Two Equalizer
  • SAE 5000A Impulse Noise Reduction System
  • Viking of Minneapolis RP62 Pre-Amp
  • Fisher SA-300 Amplifier

I am looking to set up a whole home audio system, but my primary goal is to play my records that have been collecting dust. From what I have figured out in my research, evidently my grandfather was a massive audiophile over his life, so all this equipment is VERY overkill for what I need. But I have all this equipment, may as well use it, you know? I cleaned them all up and plugged them in and they all powered on. It may be naive to think everything works correctly, but when things get lined up that should be easier for me to figure it out.

If anyone has literally ANY suggestions/comments on how dumb I am/guidance on making this work, I am all ears. Regardless, thank you for reading!

feeney

The adapter in/out may be for an external signal processor like the Audio Control Equalizer and not a true Preamp in/Main Out circuit that is used to hook up an amp or preamp to a receiver.

Thanks @lou_setriodes, You’re correct about the " adapter in/out". I checked with the schematic, its "out" is directly go to Tape monitor selector, So it’s not suitable for testing outboard amp/preamp!

@feeney, please ignore my comment about the ADAPTER IN/OUT.

@feeney 

Well, you can always hook up the equalizer to the Kenwood receiver using the Adapter in/out RCA’s.  I would not plug in and turn on the tube gear until you’ve put it on a variac and brought up the voltages slowly.  The preamp is not an audio preamp but it’s a guitar & mic preamp.  The Fisher amp looks to be worth the most here in what you listed.

The Fisher SA-300 Amplifier is your best score I would think. I’d hang on to that I’d if I were you. But bear in mind tube amplifiers like speakers with high(ish) impedances and fairly flat impedance curves. 

Don’t sweat what I just said though. All it means it will sound very good on some speakers and on others it may seem to struggle or run out of breath. So don’t  pooh-pooh the amp if you use it and it doesn’t sound good. It may just not like the speakers. Many people here can help you pick suitable speakers.

noise reduction system seem no needed ,, how can signal out more lower noisr than sihnal in