Your First System

This should be good!!! Most of us have been in this expensive hobby for years now and have worked our way up to components we only dreamed of. I want to know what was your first system of separate components going back as far as you can remember. My first consisted of a Pioneer SX-680 receiver, a Technics SLD-1 turntable (I think that's the right model #), a Sharp tapedeck, and KLH floorstanding speakers. I was 16 at the time and thought I was the biggest badass on the block. Now, 20+ years later I have a ML 334, Meridian 507 CD, CJ PV10A, Canton Ergo 900 speakers, and a Transparent Power Isolator 4. I'm in the process of upgrading to a ML 390. It goes without saying the IC's and speaker cables are top notch as well. I know my system is WAAAYYYYY down the foodchain compared to what I've seen here but It would be interesting to see what everyone started out with.
pcook15
My brothers pioneer all in one receiver/tape/phono and loads of 70's rock lp's. The benefit of being the baby brother in the 70'/ealy 80's.
It was 1979, I managed a Radio Shack store in Carmichael, CA (#3934, I still remember)

I was 20 years old.

I had the SA-2001 integrated amp with the TM-1001 tuner, Mach One speakers, the Lab 400 turntabler and the TR-3000 reel to reel, even the bid equalizer. Throw in the seperate lighted VU meters in a custom redwood rack made from 2"x10" planks.....All Realistic. I still have it in storage...

I know it's not great, but I wouldn't take $25,000 for it. (not that any sane man would offer it)

I was always jealous of the guys (older of course) who had the "cool" name brand stuff (Sansui, Pioneer, Marantz, etc.) Now it's all available on Ebay for about free. I'm really glad I saved it all these years, it hasn't been easy moving it.
My first system (not counting the Sears system) was purchased used as a system. It included a Pro-Linear turntable with an Empire cartridge, Technics SU-7700 amp, and Optimus 5 speakers.
Kenwood receiver, small Advent speakers, and a Fisher turntable back in 1972.--Mrmitch