You got to show me something more!

Okay, one thread has a group of folks dissin' the Ken Burns Jazz series on PBS. Another thread under Rock Systems has a writer that suggests Jazz merely "jerks around."

To each his/her own, but do you folks even have a clue what constitutes good music?

Rather than spending thousands of dollars on audio gear, perhaps many of you would do yourself a greater service by enrolling in a course in music appreciation. Doing so might actually enhance your appreciatiation of Jazz, and what is probably the most technically challenging, and soul revealing music ever created! Enjoy!
128x128coltrane1

Showing 2 responses by doug28450

Coltrane1, I do not have any idea of how much time you put into reading the threads and posts listed on this site. However, as an observation, I must state that it does not appear to have been too much. You sight only two of over 3000 threads. Spending the time to read through some of these would have led you to determine that most of us listen to a wide variety of music. Yes, each of has preferences and that is part of the beauty of this site and what makes us individuals. We are here at this giant cocktail party because of our love of music. We are bouncing ideas off of each other to improve our playback systems so that we may increase our enjoyment of the music we have. If you like jazz and only jazz that's fine with me. If someone does not care for jazz and hears it as "jerky", that is also fine with me. Just don't tell me that I am wrong and stupid for also enjoying classical and rock as well as jazz.
I must admit, I have found this thread rather amusing. First, the good members of audiogon are accused of not having a clue. Then we are criticized for spending money on audio systems to get the absulote best performance from our music collection. And this only starts the thread. Then our good host has spent the better part of the posts either continuing to criticize or attempt to defend his jibberish. Dekay you got it right and I join you in a roll of the eyes.