Yamaha CD S1000 or S2100 as transport

This is for owners of the Yamaha CD S1000, S21000 or S3000 CD players. I want to use one of these as a transport-only paired with an external DAC. Since they all seem to use the same rigid aluminum transport mechanism and laser, would there be a noticeable difference in sound quality between them? I'd like to go with the S1000 since it's significantly less expensive, but I'm willing to spend more if the SQ of the S2100 or S3000 is better.

Thoughts appreciated*

* Not interested in suggestions to use a different transport than one of these three, so please stay on topic.

output555

You may want to consider the fantastic  C.E.C. Belt Driven CD transport TL5,a 110 volts unit built like a tank. It is a top loading CD transport. The price is around $1000. (Shipping included)  With some trepidation I ordered one directly from a Japanese vendor.

The packaging was first class and in few weeks I received mine ( the manual is in Japanese ) To be safe I did get a 110/120v transformer from Amazon.

I am very happy with it

Thanks, but as I stated in my original post: I am not considering or soliciting recommendations for other transports or players. 

thetakeout: Yes, I got a very good deal on a new CD3000 and pulled the trigger. It's a massive piece of gear, built beautifully and like a tank (a graceful tank). I'm running it as a transport only and finding it quite nice. No regrets so far.