Wyred 4 Sound.....Anyone?????

Has anyone experienced Wyred 4 sounds stereo, multichannel or pre amp models. How do they compare to say, Parasound, Bryston, Nad, Boulder, Krell, Anthem, Cary Audio.etc??? Are they more geared to home theater or stereo or both??? Comments greatly appreciated..

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi

Showing 2 responses by ducks2007

I replaced my Parasound preamp and amps, with W4S gear. The DAC, Integrated and Multi-channel amp are fabulous. The MC7 pulls a little current at startup, so I decided to just leave it on full time. W4S equipment runs cool unlike my Parasound gear. Both are good products, but W4S is a big step up IMO. Only real beef I have is the DAC-2 remote conflicts with the integrated amp remote functions, so the DAC remote functions must be deactivated. I think W4S would be wise to use a different code signal to allow remote use for both devices. Minor issue, but an issue nonetheless. Do give them some time to break in. A couple hundred hours and the W4S gear really starts to shine. W4S customer service is helpful and available to discuss issues with. Very happy with my purchase thusfar.
Hi Bacardi - I had a P3 preamp, TWO A23s each running a set of stereo speakers, and an HCA-1205A which ran one set of stereo speakers, a center, and a set of surrounds. I still have a C2 controller which I run the multi-channel stuff through. An A/B switch allows 5.1 or 7.1 selectable. 5.1 has three sets of stereo speakers, 7.1 has two sets.