Wilson WP 7, ATC SCM150ASL, or Meadowlark BH-2

I have heard some rave reviews about the ATC SCM150ASL and the less expensive Meadowlark Blue Heron-2s. Some say the latter two speakers can do everything the Wilsons can and more.

Has anyone auditioned these three?
dbk

Showing 2 responses by cdc

While I have not heard them side by side, I would take ATC active 100's in a second over Wilson. However, ATC 100's need to be played fairly loud to "come on song" - maybe 75 dB as a guess. They also have a smaller sweet spot as wide dispersion is not so important in studio monitors.
ATC active 10's sounded better IMHO with ATC's own $3,500 integrated than the internal power amp. Active is still the better concept but when you compare $3,500 amp to ~500 internal amp what can you expect.
The full size active 50's and 100's are a different story. I heard them with Naim CDP and preamp. Fabulous. They are about 82-84dB efficient so better to go with ATC's amps. Like 200+ watts per driver (not speaker).
Low efficiency speakers will give better bass and typically have better response curve. Going high-efficiency usually causes some brightness peaks - Lowther is a good example.