Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad
I would suggest Wilson dropped the retail price due to the current economic situation in combination with other factors. Many retail brands including watches, jewelry, clotihng manufacturers have cut Suggested Retail Prices by about 20-30% this past year. Unfortunately the retailer is hurt with less margin as this happens, and needing to discount to make a sale which has no profit built in.
Good point! I will bow out now as I have some serious listening to do for the Memorial Day weekend:O_
David Wilson's presentation on the Sasha:

http://www.avguide.com/blog/david-wilsons-presentation-the-new-wilson-audio-sasha-loudspeaker
Sdrenslow -
I think the presentation is very well done. Wilson has put a lot of thought into the redesign. IMO progressive WATT/Puppy's have gotten more transparent and the bass has improved (flatter). With trickle-down technology improvements (midrange and tweeter from Maxx, improved crossovers) the Sasha model is going to be very interesting to hear. I would venture to guess there's a 25% improvement over the WP8. I don't own Wilson speakers but have heard them many times.
It seems clear to me from Wilson's promotional material---the history movie on the website---that the Sasha is competing directly with the Magico V3. The discussion of the Sasha's cabinet materials makes direct reference to Baltic birch plywood with metal baffles, and the price point is almost identical.

Magico strikes back with a version of the V3 with a high gloss black piano finish shown at the Munich show.

There's no doubt any company in a niche field knows its competition and responds accordingly, at least if they wish to stay in business. We benefit from their competition.

Let's wait and hear how the Sasha sounds.

Michael