will the day come when?

Do my fellow Audiogoners think there will come a day when we won't even be able to give our CDs away, because they will be considered an inferior audio product compared too?
schipo

Showing 1 response by rocketman4274

I agree with Jameswei.We audiophiles are a minority.All the young people are beeing raised on computers and mp3.My twenty six year old nephew paid me a visit the other day.He has a small system and has always been interested in my sytems over the years.I ask him if he had bought any new equipment lately,he replied he had not touched it or his cd collection in months.He told me it was easier to download songs off the net by computer to his mp3 player,then listen through head phones or play it through an adapter through his car or home system.I don't see any of todays youth buying real home audio systems much at all unless it is low-fi surround systems.In fact none of my sons and daughters friends that are in their twentys and thirtys are buying serious audio systems at all.It's just cheaper and easier to go the pc/mp3/with in ear headphones.I think one day cds will be collecters items.Why the audio manufactures can't see the light and decide on one type of cd or digital format is beyond me.Seems they are cutting their own throats with the red book/sacd/hdcd/blueray war.What do the rest of you guys think?