Why has Netflix gotten greedy?

I've greatly enjoyed renting DVD's from Netflix.com on occasion. But I don't have time to watch 4 movies a month (I like to get family and friends together to watch, and NONE OF US can spare that much time every month). I watch broadcast TV, and I go to movies in the theater. AND I LISTEN TO A HELLUVA LOT OF MUSIC on my stereo. The $16 per month "Marquee Program" is just a gimmick to get all of us who've enjoyed renting periodically to pay a flat rate every month, like cable or DSS. They're now closing their business to those of us who would rent 4 or 5 movies at times when we had the time to watch, and then go 2 or 3 months without renting any. THIS IS CONSPICUOUS SCREWING OF THE CONSUMER, and I say: IS THERE ANOTHER GOOD PLACE ONLINE TO RENT DVD'S?? There definitely should be...
carl_eber
I'VE BEEN RENTING FROM NETFLIX FOR A VERY SHORT TIME. SO FAR THE SERVICE HAS BEEN GREAT. I OWN ONLY 10 DVDS AND THEY ARE MOVIES I CONSIDER WORTH WATCHING MORE THAN ONCE. IF I START TO HAVE PROBLEMS I'LL POST ON THIS SITE.
I'm interested in hearing from everyone who's used Netflix, for sure. Thank you.
I agree with the notion that $16 + tax is outrageous if your unable watch at least 5 movies a month. I tried it for almost three months and cancelled because it was too expensive for the amount of time I used them. They contacted me with a survey and I responded to them that the PRICE WAS NOT, I REPEAT NOT RIGHT. There are at least a dozen places here that rent for under $4.00 for 3day rentals. Don't try to rent a new release from NETFlix it's over $6 by the time you pay for everything . . . forget it. I won't be going back to them.
Hopefully they'll have an avalanche of online competition soon! Glad to hear that somebody agrees with me on here, about something...
I have used Netflix for about a year and I agree, the Marque program is far more expensive to the infrequent user, I stopped using them except for the free 8 rentals I seem to get from all my little nick nacks, from video cables to connectors I seem to buy. I never had late fees before this system, even though I used to keep some movies for two weeks! I'd need to rent/watch 5+ movies per month to equal the cost of the earlier packages, and let's face it,that's not always possible. It's too bad, I used to love them, now I'm unimpressed.