why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
Post removed 
bigamp
Q: why do people feel the need to keep asking questions like the OP? Does it make them feel better?

A: see Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement...
"Playing the troll card." What is done when one finds a post online that disagrees with his opinion and is incapable of intelligently countering that post with an appropriate argument.
Just mention the T word and wait to see who shows up. It’s uncanny! 😛 It’s like they have ESP.