Who makes budget speaker cables which are truly “good” or “exceptional” in quality?

A dealer of mine convinced me into buying Analysis Plus speakers cables that I have enjoyed for a few years now. I noticed some other companies making speaker cables for many multiples of $1k and wondered how many truly good companies are making budget speaker cables nowadays? Who are they? What are the prices?  I had Blue Jean speaker cables some years back and thought they were as good as the Analysis Plus brand I have now. What is your brand? 
128x1282psyop
There are lots of good cables out there without breaking the bank. Don't listen to anyone that says speaker cables don't make a difference or only need to be a certain guage, that's nonsense. Kimber makes great cable that gets you close to the music without edginess or fake sparkle and I use it most of the time. Anything past that level you will be spending hundreds if not thousands for a 2-5% increase in transparency and sound quality. If you don't want to spend over $100 I've found a lot of flat copper generic cable to do a good job as well but don't go with standard zip chord. Don't do it!
I have owned some pretty decent monitors over the past 10 years or so (Proac, Fritz, PMC, and currently Trenner & Friedl) and when I purchased the Proacs some one recommended Canare 4s11 and I have used that ever since with very good results.  When Fritz came to my home to drop off speakers for a 30 day trial, he approved of the Canare cable, saying “that’s good wire”.  You can purchase in bulk for about $1.20 a foot.  On eBay several sellers will terminate and sell by the foot for a higher cost.   I have read others who turn their nose up at Canare, but I have been very satisfied.  
I have used several “budget” cables including Monster XP-Ci, Blue Jeans Belden and Canare, Transparent, Kimber 8VS, and Audioquest including X-2, FLX/SLiP 14/4, Type 4, Type 6, Rocket 33 and Rocket 44. The last two may not be some people’s idea of budget at over $15/ft, but if this qualifies as “budget speaker cable” +1 for creekmaster’s Rocket 44 suggestion because the Rocket line to me sounds very neutral with good tone and soundstage definition.  And AQ FLX/SLiP 14/4 used as a double internal run (two wires per each terminal) was pretty good for applications where I needed long runs of wire on a budget.  No major shortcomings.

None of the other cables sound “bad” persay but they lack the detail, clarity, tone and soundstage of better and more expensive wires.  The Monster cable listed above has lovely tone and midrange, but roles off highs in direct proportion to length.  The Signal cable suggestion in this thread is interesting because I think they use decent connectors.

Also speaking of speaker cable connectors, +1 to the suggestion from @terry9 to skip terminations altogether if you can.  Why put another connection in your line if you don’t have to?  If you must use connectors, Pangea from Audio Advisor make some nice sounding copper/gold plated banana plugs.

You generally get what you pay for, but as others have said here, you need to try some different wires to see what works in your system.  You may find a $.50/ft cable sounds better than, or at least as good to you in your system as a $50/ft cable. Or not.

good luck,

kn
In my forever changing systems at this point today my favorite speaker cables are:
Kimber kable tc-12.
LAT International SS-3000 Signature bi-wire.
Analysis plus oval 12.
(I have oval 9 I haven't tried yet)
All my interconnects are diy shielded silver plated copper Aviation wire and shielded canary (shield grounded on sending end only).
I've tried a bunch, transparent, MIT, audioquest, monster, ECT, ECT.
When I got my analysis ovals I was pretty happy until I borrowed a couple pair of LAT INTERNATIONAL cables from a friend (a blue pair and the ss-3000 Signature).
Holy shot what a difference between the oval 12 and the signatures. I insisted on buying the LAT signatures and been loving them since. 
Last month I bought some Kimber tc-12 cables (beautiful) thinking I would step up to another level in sound. Although they sound different I'm not sure it's better. I'm really happy with both and don't think I will part with either pair anytime soon. 
That's just my honest opinion on this subject. Although I'm forever changing and trying new stuff and open to whatever. It's just a fun hobby. 

One more for Clear Day double shotguns. Paul is a great guy to deal with, and his cables are amazing for the money.