Who is Michael Fremers'

Okay sometimes I just got bored and like to poke fun. Let us all send in our guess as to who in Mexico owns an Allerts MC2 and loaned it to Uncle Mikey for review? No personal attacks please. (May Issue Stereophile Vol.3, No.5; Analog Corner)
gregadd

Showing 6 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Actually Mikey,you come across as doing quite a good job balancing thoughtful opinion,with fairness these days(as best as one can,I guess).You will always find the contrarians.Even I've gone that route at times.Sorry I did,in retrospect.
Why even bother with us plebians?
Just rotate some vinyl,when the need occurs.
I think,rather than find some stupid(why am I not surprised)way to belittle the generosity that Raul has shown,we should applaud him!
It is hard to gain much feedback on some great products.To gain even more insight,even from Mr.Fremer's somewhat "forgiving" review,adds to our little computer banks.File it all away,for future comparative reasons.
Also,I hope Raul's pre/phono does get reviewed(even in the same manner).It could not happen to a more well deserving person,IMO!
Too bad,if some don't like it,I say!!
As an adjunct to my response to you Dan,I have to say that your response was a downright insult,to me!"My sorry ass",and my apparent "extremes" as you interpret me??...and this,coming from the same guy who so respectfully sent me a condolence E-mail,last summer?....As to my "plebian" comment...simple humor!Get a life!I'm really surprised with you!
Someone's "ego" seems to be getting the best of them here(not mine),and maybe I was wrong to think I could become a more responsible and pleasant poster,after feeling terrible for my provocative attitude towards some,in the past.
Every now and then a goodly amount of regular "serious" posters come off like a little "club",of African wild dogs getting a grip on weary prey.God forbid someone tilts the balance and denegrates an aspect of someone's component choice,or voicing,or some favorite dealer/mfgr,even if he/she(the poster,or dealer/mfgr) is a very fine individual,with a real track record.
The little(really small in stature,these days)group,who probably E-mail eachother regularly,like a mah-jong club,to wax about their similar component choices,and comments made by some,go from being what I thought were decent,enthusiastic hobbyists,to "petty/phoney ingrates".Of course if one is complimentary to their stuff,or have similar,or agree with the theory,you are "IN".
One week the pack is kindly to a "certain hobbyist",the next week they want to flex their egos.A goodly bit too much,but that's only an opinion."Oooh,he may have just insulted my friend".Time for an obnoxious, quick response!Who said you had an obligation to be a yutz,when nobody was speaking about you?
If you are NOT being indicted,"stay out of it"!!...PALS!
There was a time many,here,were "oh so" concerned about newbees,and their response to these threads.Now some could care less,and "scope" these pages regularly for an opportunity to be "stupid cute",or impress one's web-pals or dealer/friends!Or maybe just themselves?
A sorry state,with virtually nothing for anyone to gain,except a smug poke in the ribs.Almost proclaiming to oneanother.."that was a good one".Make you feel better,or important?You probably are NOT!(even if A.Salvatore proclaimed the Audiogon analog site to have the most knowledgeable hobbyists,he was wrong,as they are just the most vocal)...BTW,I'm not speaking about any "one" specific individual,so don't go nuts.Yet,I am sure some will view my comments as an opportunity to make some cute, smug come-back....My point,exactly!
Of course Raul is caught in a bind,wanting to stay in good grace,for obvious reasons(sometimes I wonder why).Yet just some months ago some of the exact folks who are now "piling on",were oh so obviously "Phoney Complimentary" about him,to his face,in some cases.As it appears to me!I don't think I'm far off the mark,either!!
I really had a good time attempting to be truly myself,and attribute a "minutiae" of input(a come-back opening,here),and now I am sorry for even making any attempt to be decent.Many of you guys are "not",as time has demonstrated to me.
I feel alot better about my past "dumb" posts!Maybe they weren't so bad afterall.
I didn't even have to go "off line,to re-think" this one!It was all SO clear.
LOL
Don't laugh,the "poindexter gig" paid good money.I paid for my system with that "dough".The pocket protector sold on E-Bay,for serious dollars.
Dan,you surprise me with the sudden "attitude".I was being humorous,and as for the "extremes" you see in me,I have decided to be more pleasant in my posts.Sorry if I bother you,these days.
As to Mikey,I suspect there is a REAL effort, being done on his part, to be pretty fair.Not easy,and knowing a few reviewers it is NO easy task.I wanted to be complimentary,so what gives with your response to me?
Have you gotten overly confident,and ancy,since you now have a little experience,under youyr belt.
?-:)
More to discover