Who is ditching their shiny disc spinners?

I want to upgrade my digital side … (currently Bluesound Vault 2i feeding the DAC of Oppo 105) … plan to spend around $2k … since I’ve ripped all my CDs to the Vault, thinking of spending it all on a DAC, and retire/sell the Oppo while it still has some value. I do have a few older CDPs I could retain as backup, but not sure why I would ever need.

Alternatively, was considering a better combined CDP/DAC like a newer Marantz or Yamaha … upgrades DAC performance some, and a reliable spinner for quite a few more years … but I have very few SACDs, so feeling like this would be the tail wagging the dog.

In what direction have you been migrating?
inscrutable
Like everything in forums like this, this is just an opinion... a preference.  So, please don't get your shorts or panties in a twist!

I haven't read all the the responses/comments in this thread. However, I have to say I am solidly in the camp of the folks who like to have a library of music that can be accessed by simply moving one's butt off the couch or sweet spot and choosing something to listen to. I've got somewhere around 2 or 3 hundred vinyl LPs and 4 or 5 hundred CDs. I used to have some music on reel-to-reel tape, too, but got rid of that some years back after my reel-to-reel deck gave up the ghost.

I've reached a point in my life where I don't buy near as much music as I used to when I was much younger, simply because much of what's out there nowadays doesn't move me to the point of wanting to buy it. I like a lot of it but music from the 50s through the early to mid-90s is what I listen to most. I also have a fair collection of re-pressings and recordings from of 40s music and a fair collection of Classical. Having a record jacket, liner notes, cover art work, CD liner notes, etc. in your hands to peruse or share with guests without having to pass your laptop or IPAD around is also something I like.

I spent an afternoon in a high end audio shop recently, using a Bluesound Node and that was really cool and very convenient!  Sound quality on the system I was using at the time was, also, remarkably good! That got me seriously thinking about streaming. The sheer convenience of being able to call up or dial in ALMOST ANYTHING you want to hear with a few clicks, without leaving the couch, was fantastic! However, after doing a little research on the monthly & annual cost(s) of a quality streaming service(s), I was put off. I just don't like the idea of chaining myself to yet another monthly bill, like cable or satellite, that you know is going to go up, year after year, after year. And you know, sooner or later, there'll be some software upgrade you'll have to get or buy or download or whatever, right? If quality high-resolution music streaming costs were CONSIDERABLY less, I just might change my tune.

I can fully appreciate the cost-effectiveness of streaming for folks who prefer to buy only selective cuts, as opposed to entire works or albums, and for folks who buy or we're buying a lot of music on an annual basis. As someone pointed out, though, what happens when you've ripped or stored music you want to own or keep on some sort of electronic device when that device fails? I know there are various backup methods but isn't that an additional expense or investment? Another factor, for me, is digital audio versus analog. I have yet to hear anything in the digital medium I prefer or like as much as well-recorded, well-engineered vinyl; providing, of course, one is using a good turntable, good cartridge, etc., etc.

Again, just an opinion, a preference, what floats my boat. I guess I've turned into my father! Gotta say, though, the technology is improving all the time. The real question is: when it gets there, will mere mortals be able to afford it?
I have some CDs I don't sell, due to good sound (Like Dr John plays the Duke) or if they are unavailable or special. Also, my SACDs, that I occasionally play on an Oppo player. But mostly, I play from CDs copied to my hard disk. I have had few problems after I installed ethernet cabling from my main pc server down to the listening room, with a Teac nt-505 that works well as a combined dac/streamer solution. It is easy to play the CDs I have copied to my hard disk, and stream from the main services. However, in my system, vinyl rules (all else equal). I won't sell my LP collection, even though I have recorded the best LPs to digital (DSD), and they sound very good, compared to streaming and CDs. Some people find that with DSD there is virtually no difference from playing the vinyl direct. In my system (somewhat sadly), there is. Direct analog playback rules. But then, I have invested much more in my analog playback chain, than in my digital chain. 
My go to for CDs is a fully loaded Pioneer PD-F1009 300 + 1 unit.  This thing is for outdoor listening with adult beverage and a cigar, for parties out by the pool, etc.  It runs 1 bit DLC, has no other DAC and well, it feeds a  mini-monster 120 w Pioneer and 4 Polk atrium 7s.  Get compliments on this all the time.  No plans to replace anytime soon!

I made the decision to go to streaming.  My CD player was broken.  I gave up records long ago.  It simply would cost too much to do all three media right.  I find streaming to sound good.  I spent about $1100 on a DAC and streamer.   Big debate about buying higher end streamers and DACs.
The Audio GD is all the rage lately.  Denafrips Pontus, Audio Mirror are also good examples.  So there are flavors AKA tubes.