Which SACD sound better than Vinyl

I have experienced that some SACD sound better than good vinyl.

Your thoughts on this subject,and experience on some SACD
would be appreciated.

thanks
P
macallan25

Showing 1 response by esmith3671

It's true that SACDs have the potential to sound much better than red book CDs, however the very best RBCDs generally sound better than mediocre SACDs. Exceptional SACDs are much better than even the best RBCDs. As an example for anyone who doubts this try the Blue Coast Collection, The E.S.E Sessions, a hybrid SACD from 2007. Beyond that, you might try recordings made with the Grimm Audio AD1 analog to digital converter, such as the Mahler 4th from Channel Classics ( CC generally does a good job with their SACDs ). As far as sounding better than vinyl, I think vinyl advocates would say nothing sounds better than vinyl. However, I think that as of this year we now have the technology and general knowledge to make digital recordings that do sound as good as vinyl, and even better in some ways. Unfortunately, most recording labels are behind the technology curve and, even worse, do not put the effort into making high quality recordings most of the time. For that we only have ourselves to blame because if the market demanded it, we would have it. I could recommend many other SACDs however, I do not know your taste in music.