Which pre should I choose?

There are two Pre in our 2nd hand market. One is Accuphase C-290 (selling at: US$3300) which start to produce in 1993. The other is Accuphase C-275V (selling at: US$2600) which start to produce in 2000. My power is Accuphase CA-47 to drive Dynaudio Countour 1.3SE. I like warm & thick & not to fast sound. Do you have good ideas? I prefer to listen to classical music mostly.
faust168

Showing 4 responses by faust168

bdp 24: thick means the sound reproduction is not thin or lean orientation. But it doesn't mean fat. Fat will cause distortion in sound reproduction.

Aolmrd 1241: Tks for your suggestions. I am afraid the vintage gear will always need repair constantly. It will cost your time and money and inconvenience.  Also, I have heard that  Tube amp. is not as durable as transister one.
analogluvr: Tks for your opinion. One of my friend also suggests me to choose a good solid state Pre. from famous brand for the longer life than the tube one.  What I care is once the vintage has problem, whether I can get it repair and recover.......... (according to the opinion of one audio service engineer, some times, too old gear might hard to find parts which had been produced long time 20~30 years ago.

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your response. A good tube amplifier esp. the vintage need a specilist to exam but I am not an electronic expert. And the new one are quite expensive. Also, it is important to match the pre-and the power amplifier together to push the speaker. There is very few dealer can provide such kind of service...... In addition, as a vintage gear, some are difficult to repair or finding the parts. ...... Many of the audio brands have been gone..........