Which is Best loudspeaker in the $1000-1200 range?

I am planning to do an upgrade, and I would like to know which loudspeakers REALLY stand out in this price range. Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have. I want to know which are the true winners....I mean, those loudspeakers that cost a $1000 but sound like they cost $2500! Which are the "best buy" options that are a total consensus among audiophiles?
figueiredops

Showing 2 responses by brianmgrarcom

The analysis about marketing expenses are impecable, though. Some firms do spend too much trying to prove how good they are.

We have no knowledge of what percent B&W spends on advertising; don't go by some off the cuff statements made on the internet as if they are fact. Furthermore, that is a sorry gauge about a product anyway.

Buying “local brands” can have its own pitfalls and certainly isn’t any guarantee of a good product and a larger company can have advantages because of greater resources.
I have no desire to get in a pissin match with you Beheme, if you don’t like B&W speakers I couldn’t give a flip. The reason I posted was because you freely make claims that you have zero knowledge of. Furthermore, a company that has the finances to advertise can generate those finances in many ways, one being that they sell a lot of product. If I sell one widget I make a little money, if I sell a lot of widgets I make more money, having more resources to work with. Putting down a company because they advertise is foolish in my opinion. I suspect that these smaller companies you praise would love to sell greater volumes and have the ability to market their product on a grander scale. Advertising is just one benefit of more resources.