Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
My tube power amp went down due to a bad tube and I decided to purchase a PS Audio Stellar S300 to use until I had time to repair my tube amp. It was inexpensive and had good reviews. I still have not repaired my tube amp and that was months ago. The S300 is very good, especially for the price. 
I never considered Class D until some very respected folks on this site recommended I put Lyngdorf in my rotation of amps I was auditioning. To my amazement it sounded better than any of the analog solid state or tube amps it met. This was a consensus across a very diversified group of individuals I use to sample my upgrades in progress. Even LTA with full upgrades didn't compete. Give Lyngdorf a try. It will also save you the cost of a D/A converter too. It was also superior with analog inputs. That was an ever bigger surprise. 
I see quite a few people here have PS Audio amps and are happy with them. I have heard various PS Audio kit and currently have three of their Power Plants along with a DAC and an older phono stage: I'm delighted by the quality and price. My daughter and I visited them at their previous location in Boulder CO (they moved across the street a few weeks ago), and they are not only dedicated to the craft they are remarkably friendly and accessible. A few years ago I inadvertently damaged one of my PS Audio remotes, I called them and they sent a free replacement. This is a company that values their customers and is committed to quality and value. Musically, I am delighted with the products.
The PS Audio Signature BHK 250 or 300 Mono Blocks. For the Money about $7000 each you cannot touch the performance.
combination of Tubes and solid state.
King knows what he is doing. Service is also fantastic you can pick up the phone and talk to Paul the P in PS audio. Had a question about a Marantz unit took them 3 weeks to respond.

Purchased a used PS Audio DAC was out of wanrenty was trying to do a software update had a bad memory card they spent an hour on the phone trying to help and then sent me an updated memory card at no charge. Thought if they offer this kind of service then they stand behind what they sell and that has been my experience. Bought a Audioquest Niagara 5000  on the advice of my local dealer was very disappointing. Traded it in on a PS Audio Power Plant 15 what an incredible difference it made to my system.

I also have two Pass Lab amps that the build quality is fantastic.
Full disclosure: I am selling two Jeff Rowland Class D 525 amps but none the less I have a great deal of experience with them:
I have used two Jeff Rowland 525 stereo amps for a few years and really enjoyed them. Like all JRDG work they are gems to behold and are built to exceptional standards. I just retired the little 525's, they were used  in bridged mode as low frequency amps for a large system. Very  musical, lovely w/ piano tones and they make prodigious low frequencies, especially in the 900w/ bridged mode. What I appreciate about them is the solid billet aluminum casework which is as beautiful as it is functional. I agree that the 535 best the 525 a bit but the entire line is impressive. FYI I now have twin Rowland 625 S2 amps  for horizontal bi-amping on a large system.
All in all Jeff's are some of the best in the class amps in the D range.