Which brand of 45 tubes do you use?

Can anyone using 45 tube amplifiers share their knowledge about what manufactures make them and your impressions of the quality. An impression of the sound quality in your system would be useful. I know that there is NOS, EML and Sophia Electric 45s. Any others?
Thanks!
128x128arion
I prefer NOS 45 tubes for my 45 SET mono blocks. I have a few pair of National Union tubes which always sound lovely. I also have a couple of pairs of Philcos that I haven't used.

I haven't tried EML or Sophia because the NOS tubes sound great, are still fairly available (bottles, not globes) and NOS is still relatively inexpensive if you shop around. I simply refuse to pay the prices asked for new triode power tubes. It's a hobby, not an addiction.

Give Andy at vintage tube services a ring. He listens to a bunch of nos 45s and has a healthy inventory. To me not a lot of difference between shoulder types that measure well. And they are not ridiculous expensive. The globes are certainly excellent but at a cost. I have not heard the new production 45 but not opposed. I’ve heard some really good new production like the Shuguang WE6SN7.
Look at the recent posting under chakster and you will see the answers to your question.
Some will depend on your amplifier but in general NOS are more musical under audiophile definition and much more economical.
Thanks for your comments.

I also use amps designed for 2A3 tubes. I have a few NOS, Shuguang and EMLs. In those amps in my system I prefer the EML 2A3s, mostly because they are the most transparent and balanced.

For my 45 amps I have several NOS and Sophia Electric. I'm trying to decided whether or not I should try EMLs. They are kind of expensive. I agree that good NOS 45 tubes are very close in SQ based on the small selection I have. I have no complaints about the NOS 45 tubes other than availability and reliability. They sound great to me. My overall preferred amp/tube combo in my system is my 45 tube mono amps using NOS 45s. 

@jmolsberg  I will give Andy at vintage tube services a call. Thanks for the contact. I guess a google search will find him?

@gwalt  Thanks, I will check out the recent posting under chakster.