Which 3K CDP: Simaudio Nova, Ayre CX-7 Wadia 302

Unfortunately the market is saturated with many 'new' ~3K CD players, all of which are well reviewed. I have heard all 3, but do not have the opportunity to do A/B comparisons, as only the Simaudio is available where I live. It is tough to compare the 3 in your mind, when you have listened to all 3 in 3 different cities, using different electronics, speakers and in different rooms. All 3 sounded great, but without the possibility of direct comparison it is tough to choose among them.

I will likely be using them with Hovland HP200 pre vs. Simaudio P-5 pre, Simaudio LE W-5 amp, and speakers still undecided (JMlab Alto Be vs. Dynaudio Confidence C2 vs. Wilson Sophia)
thom_y

Showing 2 responses by thom_y

Sorry,

I forgot to add, as a reference I listen to mainly alternative. The discs rotating on my second system CD player include:
Radiohead, Muse, Ryan Adams, U2, Beck, REM, White Stripes, Strokes, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, PJ Harvey etc.

Second, I should add that I don't want to go with a used CD player.
Sammie,

Thanks for your suggestion ... the short answer is I have not made a decision on my CDP yet (or the associated equipment)

... the long answer is that our home renovations have started later than expected ... initially we thought we would start in July ... but some last minute thoughts delayed things until an Aug. start ... so hopefully in 3 months from now we will have a dedicated room

meanwhile, since I posted this thread I have bitten by the Tenor/Kharma/emm lab bug ... so I am considering going with a Tenor 150 HPs/ Kharma speaker to be decided/ emm labs transport/DCC2 vs. Audio Aero Capitole ... hey a fair bit more than I wanted to spend originally ... but after an extending listening on such a system it was hard to look back at the other stuff ... yet, I still have 3 months before I need equipment for the room ... so I can always come back to my senses :)