Where to start? sonically balanced system ..???

How am i supposed to be able to balance my system for it to sound good ?
I understand the theory of balancing warm and dry components to get a "desired" aspect of sound..
but how to do that ? where to look ?

like right now i'm on the market for a cd player..
i only really have Mirage OM-10 speakers that will stay in my in current building system
How do i choose wich component ( like cd player here )
that will match the speakers and the rest i am planning to buy?

It's kinda hard for me ( as a beginner :p hehe )
to imagine and feel the different attributes of sound on my components..and right now i can't judge nothing cause my input and my receiver sucks ( only temps stuff )

so i don't even know how my speakers really sound

please i need help on how to design, plan and think of my future system :)

( i was planning to get bryston 3b or a small classe amplifier soon but now i'm not sure..tube or SS eehhe )
jinmtvt

Showing 1 response by jdc1114

You hit on an excellent point. Getting components that work synergistically together is one of the most difficult aspects of piecing together a satisfying audio system. It is an ongoing trial and error process with few hard and fast guidelines. I struggled with this for years before I decided to give up the fight and go with components specifically designed to be used together. Accordingly, my current system is Spectral/MIT/Avalon in the precise configuration recommended by Spectral. Essentially, I let them do the system matching work for me. The results are much better than any previous results I have achieved trying to mate components not specifically designed to work together. Short of this approach, my next recommendation would be to look at how manufacturers are showing their products at trade shows (they usually have the best idea of what works best) or extensive in-home auditioning to ensure that any move you make is really a step forward.