Whats the ultimate 300b or 211 set amp 36watts rm

Right now the absolute ,no holds barred best set amps are Roger Hebert WYETECH LABS IS THE 300b ruby or the 211 ruby sound and look breathtaking
pavpet

Showing 3 responses by charles1dad

Zanth,
I find your comments on the Wyetech SET amplifiers quite interesting. This company has earned a very stellar reputation and I'd like to hear them one day. I share your opinion regarding the superb sound quality of SET amplifiers when implemented properly. They provide the highest level of realism in my experience without question.I hope one day you will be able to get the Wyetech Ruby amplifiers.
Charles,
I don't believe anyone has declared that the Wyetech (or any amplifier) is the" best". Zanth only says the Wyetech Ruby SET amplifier is the best he's heard so far. I didn't interpret that as a universal proclamation. I have no doubt that the Purity Audio 300b PSET is quite special as well.
Charles,
Yes,
No need or intention to turn this into a pointless debate about which amplifier is the best.I applaud all designers who recognize the natural beauty and honesty of simple SET circuits and build them to high standards. My enjoyment of listening to music in my home would be less if not for these talented builders with excellent ears.Both of these SET amplifiers appear to be "cost no object", "all out effort" designs and I suspect both sound fantastic. Wyetech Lab, Purity Audio and all the other committed SET builders, keep up the good work.I'm in the same camp with Zanth, "magic",musical communication and sheer emotional connection.
Charles,