What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam

WHUS UCON CT. The cool thing was I would be listening to Jazz late weekend nights with my girlfriend. Following the jazz program classical programing would start. Frequently I was not in a position to change the station so I inadvertently gained an appreciation for classical music too.

101-ILS WILS out of Lansing Michigan.

WRIF Baaaby! With the Grand Poobah himself. You and me with Arthur P. (Penhallow) From the HOME of Rock & Roll, Detroit Baaaaby!

Also have to give a shout out to Stephen Hill with his Hearts of Space program as well as John Diliberto with Echoes both featured on PRX.

I was a grad student in Davis from 1981-1986.  KDVS, the campus radio station played almost all the time I was in lab.  I still listen to it.  In fact, I'd suggest that the guys who do Prog Rock Palace on Saturday from noon -2PM (Pacific Time), are world wide known for Prog Rock knowledge.  Before that is the Saturday morning folks show.  Wednesday afternoon is Retro-free-form-radio, 60s-80s AOR.  Sunday 2-4 (1-3 maybe) is Poppa Wheelie, reggae.

cheers,

Started  with WLS-AM Chicago for top 40.

Graduated to WXRT-FM, "Chicago's Finest Rock".   XRT introduced me to jazz with Jazz Transfusion on Sunday nights.

Now a listener, and supporter, of WDCB, public radio, an all-jazz station from the College of DuPage.