What separates should I use for my vandersteen 1c?

I have a pair of vanersteen 1c's and a crappy onkyo receiver because I haven't figured out which separates to buy. I don't want to spend more than $5000 but I am open to all suggestions! as far as my taste goes, I just want to get the best out of the speakers. I love the thought and look of tubes, but haven't heard any and don't know a lot about amps in general. Im looking at the Anthem audio PVA 5. Thoughts? The rotel 1570 processor is good I hear but not the RMB 1565 amp... Please help! Thanks everyone.
brokeuser

Showing 1 response by stewart0722

5000.00 would be better spent to upgrade the 2ce signature II or a used pair of 2ce sigs at least. That is truly the sweet spot in the Vandersteen line. Everything better than it costs a LOT MORE but the speaker far above the 1 costs less than a grand more after discount.

I have the new Audio Research VSI60 with the 2ce signatures. I find it a perfect match, but it will run you around 3.5-4k, leaving you a grand to up to the 2s.

Get a good digital rig and you're set for life.

Wanna really set your ears on fire, get a good turntable
and add a great phono section...........lots of great new vinyl out there and it is truly the only real high res source.....ask richard vandersteen.....