What makes tape sound better than vinyl ?

Even when making recordings from vinyl to cassette, in some aspects it sounds better, though overall in this particular example the turntable sounds better than the deck. Tape sound appears to have a flow and continuity that vinyl lacks. 
inna

Inna, I think you are beginning to see the light, and at a good time I might add.

When I bought my reel, they wouldn't even dust the thing off for you, take it as is. Now, since they can get decent money for a reel, they make sure it's running properly, and that's a good thing for someone who can't fix stuff.

I think this is the best time to buy a reel; new ones are too expensive, and any kind of demand is going to deplete the good used one's; life is too short to sit back and desire something that's at hand for you to get.
orpheus10, you are absolutely right. Problem is that I am the responsible one for strategic finances, and with power come the obligations and rationality. I could get $5k Studer in no time but I will not. Still, I am working on it. Besides, I also need good tube phono stage, what I have now won't cut it for a high level open reel deck. Life is short but not very short.
nmps, i think you have to accept that we all hear differently. There are characteristics of analog reproduction are a more pleasing to people, just as there are characteristics of digital reproduction that are pleasing to others.

I am also in a business that overlaps with the sound business and did an analog v. digital test on a feature film mixing stage. We did a mix and recording of the final sound of a film (of which the music score is a separate element) to hard drive as is the norm now.... this on the finest equipment available, directly from a Pro Tools session. We also simultaneously recorded to 6-track magnetic film which is analogous to reel to reel and the way film sound used to be mastered . We did a playback of both units so we were able to A/B and there wasn't a person in the room that didn't think the analog master sounded way better. More real. More human. With the music especially, the analog master showed way better accuracy of tone and reproduced the sense of the room the music was recorded in way better than the digital master. I think there's just something about analog that reproduces ambient space and it makes tone and space feel more real.
 "We also simultaneously recorded to 6-track magnetic film which is analogous to reel to reel"

This is not cassette and in no way reflects the inherent problems with cassette.

The point isn't about whether analog or digital is better but, rather, whether cassette or high rez digital is better. And, on that note, IMO, there is no contest. High rez digital wins out by far.

"Cost factor and maintainability are not necessarily convincing arguments when dealing with audiophiles. You know..... "

For ultimate sound, you are right. But, for the cost you would need to spend on cassettes you would be better off going with reel to reel. 

Further, to demonstrate the issues with cassette compare 1st generation through 5th generation copies of a cassette duplication. All the glaring problems and distortion associated with cassettes are laid bare! Couple that with not using noise reduction, as some have advocated, and the problem is even greater.

I've owned many of the best cassette decks and still own a Nak 700 mkII and Kyocera D811. I have even better decks in the past. My experience on location, in the studio have easily led me away from cassettes many, many years ago. However, I still have hundreds of hours of masters that I keep for archival purposes. All of which have also been transfered to 96/24 using the best digital equipment!

Back home and able to hook up the Nak 582 for the first time.
To start with I had no idea it was so LARGE!
I have it connected in my second system as it is too wide to fit in the rack of my main system.
Impressions so far are very positive, first few tapes spun through sound very lively and airy.
Quite impressive for $100......serviced 5 years ago and then put away. My steal of the month.