What is your experience with legacy CH Acoustic cables?

I just purchased a full loom of legacy X10 CH Acoustic cables: 1.0 meter balanced IC, 1.0 meter single ended IC, 2 x 2.0 meter power cords, & 2.5 meter speaker cables.  I love them. I want to learn more.  How are they used in your system?   What did they replace?  Have you replaced them?  If so, with what?  Also, please reach out if you have any to sell. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xmoneyman
My fifth experience w/ CH Acoustic cables (November):

As an audiophile, I let my ears be my guide.  Admittedly, I made this choice out of necessity.  I've found the science too difficult to decipher in this hobby.  In addition, I've found it difficult to find a solid source for science.  I want to be discerning, but there's so much MISINFORMATION and so many GLOWING reviews.  It's just tough...

Anyway, a good friend has attempted to convince me that the science of balanced vs. single ended connections (balanced as superior) is sound and undeniable.  In the past, I stuck with single ended because it worked, the stars didn't need to align, & it was one less variable in the pursuit of great sound.  

Well, after my October experiments, I had access to a balanced source, a balanced amp, & a great cable loom.  I decided now was the time to compare balanced vs. single ended connections.  

So.......it was an easy win for balanced connections.  The noise floor dropped, the outlines of sounds became easier to identify and locate, and more subtleties of music appeared. No negatives, only positives.

Some of you aren't surprised.  I was.  Believe it or not, I tried this experiment a few years ago with a different loom and heard no discernible improvement.  On reflection, I don't believe my system was fully balanced at the time, so maybe the stars weren't properly aligned to take advantage of the science.???
I owned a CH Acoustics X-20 power cord some years ago, bought after demoing many other power cords.  I chose it because it was very open sounding -- extremely clear and fast sounding, about as far removed from a tone control as one can get.  I seem to recall it needs to be plugged directly into an outlet, not a power conditioner, to sound its best -- at least that is what Craig Hampel recommended. I ended up buying it to power my transport.  Once I sold that and replaced it with a Mac mini, I also sold the CH Acoustics power cord.

If you are looking to add warmth or for enhanced bass, CH Acoustics isn't a great choice.
Mcondon: 

Thanks for sharing.  Truly, I appreciate your description of what the CH Acoustic cables are... and are not.  “Very open sounding— extremely clear and fast sounding, about as far removed from a tone control as one can get” are great descriptions.

After having contemplated your words and my experience a bit, I offer that the CH Acoustic cables let you HEAR YOUR SYSTEM...warts and all.  Admittedly, I’ve not heard any component sound BAD with these cables.  Simply, it’s EXTREMELY easy to hear the character of & differences between components.

Finally, I hope NEVER AGAIN to use my cable loom “to add warmth or for enhanced bass”.  I appreciate having one less variable to consider for system enhancement.  If I need more or different, I’ll get it from a new component....while enjoying the process.  :)
My sixth experience w/ CH Acoustic cables (December):

Subjectively, this experiment provided the most SIGNIFICANT improvement, supports Mcondon's recollection, and probably points out a poor component...which was previously unknown....

For years, I plugged in my source components to power conditioners...as suggested to me by a few friends and component manufacturers.  Initially, I noticed an improvement and never did any serious A/B comparisons afterward.

Craig Hampel, of CH Acoustic, told me that his power cords performed better w/o power conditioners (or at least did not require them).  Realizing that I had the source power cord plugged into a power conditioner, I decided to do an A/B comparison.

First, I made a few changes and plugged the cord into the wall. I needed to re-sort (tidy up) cord paths, etc. & let the music play while I worked.  Suddenly, the music was WAY TOO LOUD.  Though behind my speakers, I had to find my remote & turn down the volume.  I don't mind loud, but I don't enjoy painful.  (In addition, I love this hobby too much and want to mitigate hearing loss.)  Confused... I didn't remember turning up the volume during this A/B?

Next, I sat down and listened for a bit.  The transient impacts were ridiculous.  Literally, I turned down the volume AGAIN to get a better grip on the what was happening...sharper differentiation among instruments, big space (dynamic contrast) between sounds, more focus on everything...just sound popping out from individual spaces...

So..I switched to a few songs I knew well.  Generally, it appeared that I had upgraded my source.  Obviously, the power conditioner had "choked off" the musical capability of my source.   Maybe this potential was always there & I was negligent in doing an appropriate A/B comparison in the past.  Regardless, I WOULD NOT dispute Craig's & Mcondon's claim that CH Acoustic power cords perform best plugged directly into the wall.

Hello @moneyman,

I am needing a new connector for my CH Acoustics x20 power cord, but can't find the CH Acoustics web site. Do you have a way to communicate with them?