What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

With 11,000 CDs and a very diverse music library/music genre that is too difficult to choose.  I have many more great sounding (mostly uncompressed) CDs versus my 28,500 LPs to choose from (LPs can suffer from compression, vinyl problems, subgenerational mastering e.g. Angel classical records versus EMI originals, U.S.Beatles versus Parlophone, etc).  

A second + for Jazz at the Pawnshop.  A new 2021 2-disk CD version from

AudioNautes is Ultimate HQ/Direct from original tapes/blah/blah and

is even more stunning.  Amazing that this is a live recording from the '70s.

@lucky53 You induced me to put on my first-day-it-hit-the-stores LP of The Doors' L.A. Woman. To be sure, the opening cut is a little relentlessly hard-left/hard-right/center, but it's also pretty clean. Luckily, the second and third cuts are far better. It's still very much left-right-center, but there's a lot less compression and a good deal more space.  I've just made it to the title track. Tone quality and clarity are getting ever better. The band is rocking. Yeah!