What drugs do you use to enhance your listening experience?

In this post let's consider alcohol, nicotine, and coffee drugs, as they are, along with the usual suspects that can get you arrested in most US states and beheaded in Saudi Arabia. I live in Victoria, Canada, which has more marijuana shops than Starbucks, and we have tons of Starbucks. In 10 minutes, I can walk from my house to four dispensaries, which will sell to anyone over 18. OK, enough bragging, For me, a puff, and just one puff (I don't like getting stoned) can be the best tweak ever. A glass of wine is also a fine compliment. Too much alcohol will increase my enjoyment (because I'm drunk) but put Phil Spector in the room (wall of sound and loss of the stuff I value in my system, such as clarity).
golferboy

Showing 4 responses by ct0517

I crave endorphins.
It starts - the feeling in my body - about 10 minutes into my morning run. I run for 40 mins and the feeling lasts for about 10-15 minutes after.
Of course none of this happens without taking a drug in the morning before the run - Black Coffee. A big mug. And it’s all downhill after that.......until......

Later in the day ......good vibe music also creates the endorphins effect with me.

I do however find I need to have some kind of fluid at hand when I listen to music next to my right hand. Maybe the heat from the Class A amp is dehydrating me.. 

Canada Dry Club Soda mixed with OJ - 50 - 50. Needs to be really cold when served.

On the rocks optional.

The biggest financial and time expense for this audio hobby is the dedicated music room. One of lifes pleasures is to indulge occasionally in your favorite drink (for me), whatever for you, and know, you will not get thrown out of the joint, at the end of the night. In fact you can also sleep in your room if you want to. My recommendation is try not to make this habit forming.....

OP said.
Too much alcohol will increase my enjoyment (because I’m drunk)

This is also when the digital only guys start saying their bits and bytes sound better than analog....... :^)

You buy a turntable, and the next thing you know, you are shooting junk. :)

hah hah :^)

it can be a slippery and dangerous slope with vinyl. What, with the horizontal record and the vertical cantilever. Especially on a well endowed expensive cartridge. (shudders)
Hurts just thinking about it ....should have bought the Decca.  
I'm breaking through
I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond.

(REM)

@Geoffkait

Is it mere coincidence .....that your avatar resembles a chocolate flavored, Gumby shaped cannabis cookie ?