What does Roon give me beyond just Tidal HiFi?

With Tidal I seem to be able to play an unlimited selection of streaming music either selecting albums, creating song lists or inradio mode as well as playing my own ripped cd collection.
Is there something more than this that Roon offers?
mrbobm
I’m trying the new Roon 1.8 and I must say it is working better for me. More metadata enhancements, more suggestions about other music I would like fewer technical issues
I have a confession to make, previously I said I pulled the plug and preferred my cPlay software. I did notice a couple of days ago that Roon have updated their software so I gave it another try as  I still had six months to go on the subscription so I reinstalled 1.8 updated software and tied into Qobuz I have to say it is so much better musically and quite up to the cPlay software sonically .
I find Roon a pleasure and have enjoyed the interface for several years now. However, I recently tried Mcontrol (to tidal) an app that is recommended by my dac maker (Brinkman) and doggone if there wasn’t a big jump in SQ. I’m using the latest Roon 1.8. I might go back to Roon to read or find something but not for serious listening. There is no denying the significant jump in SQ. I‘ll miss Roon but love the fact that I got an upgrade without having to buy a new component.
I reinstalled 1.8 updated software and tied into Qobuz I have to say it is so much better musically and quite up to the cPlay software sonically .
Yes, I think Roon 1.8 has excellent sound quality. I previously used HQPlayer with Roon as I wasn't satisfied with the latter's SQ. Definite improvement with 1.8.

Not so sure about some of the interface changes with 1.8.
For instance, I don't like the way album credits are now displayed - spread out circular pics of artists and small writing makes things harder to find/read than the arranged list in 1.7.

I find the Roon music library features/integration great for my situation and it's music discovery features and linking are unparalleled IMO.
For those who want to expand their streaming library and discover new artists suiting the listeners individual taste, then Roon is more than worth the cost.