What do I need for my sound system

Hi to all.
I am new in audiogon. I love music very much and that's my hobbies. Now I really need all of your advices how to set up my sound system. I just bought one pair of JM Lab Colbalt 816 and now I don't know what I will buy next such as: receiver or pre-amp and amplifier for my speakers. Any ideals can help me to set up a best sound for my speakers. I have subwoofer , do any preamp have line out for subwoofer? My buget for my system around $1500 . Thank you very much for your helps. Wish you all have a wonderful holiday and a blessing New Year.
128x128ldt_csdt69
What are your listening habits? What sub do you have? What is the room size and how will the speakers be setup? What is your source? If you offer more info on what you are looking for then better recommendations will follow. What attracted you to the JM Labs? Phil Brady.
Hi.
I just have speakers only now I will buy my source for sound system. I love jazz, lovesong, slow rock and watching movies. My size room around 12 x 14 and what attracted me about JM Labs, coz it sound very good expeccially the treble is so clear. I think about receiver 5.1 but someone said 2 channel sound better than multi-channels. Do any pre-amp has line out for sub-woofer. I have sub ps 303 from polkaudio. thank for any advices
I would suggest a tubed integrated amp , preferably auto/self biasing . I have had JM Lab speakers and they can be a little bright with low to midfi SS equipment .
There is a Prima Luna Prologue 2 listed here for $850 .
A very nice piece for the money ! No affiliation with the seller .
Good luck
Since you want both movies and music, you might as well find a receiver for 1500. I think the an Arcam AVR300 is right around your budget. Most receivers over the 1k mark will do an excellent with movies. Since your room is small, a receiver will be more than adequate for watching movies. From previous research, i know the Arcam receivers are very good for 2 channel music. With the receivers, if you want more power, you can always add a 2, 3, or even 5 channel amp later down the road.