What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall

I am a retired engineering geologist.  30 Years in foundation exploration, geotechnical instrumentation, groundwater clean up etc.  Worked another 10 years as a sub-surface geophysical tech doing ground penetrating radar, electrical resistivity surveys, some seismic work etc.  I have always been an audiophile even before I even knew what it meant.  Built my first system in the air force with a Knight kit tube amp, some home made speaker cabinets and a Thorens TD 101 tt I got at a pawn shop.  It has been uphill ever since as time and funds allowed.  Listen mainly to jazz and classical.

i should add mine

education in electrical engineering and then business administration

high stress high travel corporate first career, till my early 40’s, then got into real estate development in the san fran bay area (first as a sidelight, then got serious about it), from which i recently retired, and i also empty nested at that time (have two grown sons)