What cable for Vandersteen 2WQ subs

Im wondering if any 2WQ users are using wire other than the supplied wire from Vandersteen. I am getting very good sound but just a little lean for my taste with the supplied wire. My main speakers are Vandy 3A sigs. I am also using the model 5 xover and have tried many different settings. I have also tried all possible combinations of level, Q adjustment and placement that I can think of. Is using better wire a waste of money? Oh, I should mention that Im using two subs and listen to all types of music. I should probably list my system too.

Wadia 861
Supratek Chennin
Parasound JC 1s
3A sig, 2Wqs
Alphacore MI2 spk cable
Audioquest Cheetah inter
GIK wall treatments
Room 13'x35'x8' speakers on 13' wall

Thanks
braro

Showing 1 response by rhythmace4218

Braro, over the past 15 years I have owned three pairs of the Vandy subs, and I am currently using a pair with my Maggie 3.6r's. I highly recommend upgrading the wire. My first pair I switched from stock wire to Kimber 8TC, and noticed a pretty significant improvement. I don't think you need to go real esoteric or expensive, but a couple hundred on some wire is well worth the expense. I just bought my current pair a few months ago and have not upgraded the wire yet, however I plan on buying some Purist Musaeus for the application. I think alot of different manufacturers lower cost wire would help out.