What about 845 tubes on Wilson Sophia 3...?

Does anybody tried 845 tubes on wilson sophias 3 series..I am curious on comments for Cary 845 ae for my wilson sophia's 3..
hal123

Showing 5 responses by hal123

My wilsons have 4 ohms of impedance and does go deep on 3,1 ohms minimum..I assume they got flat response but still have feeling that they goes well on solid state radher than tubes (but many users declared as tubes for best matches). Carry 845 ae is 50 watts with zero negative feedback and have 211 tubes together with 300b running in parallel mode, using 845 or (211) together with 300b is the unique and only design used. and this make 845ae very interesting.. I can use also 845 tube with them resulting less dynamic and some saying romantic sound. I am now running my wilson sophias 3 with krell 600c and have no problems and thinking that is a good match..but as an audiophile that never stops wondering I am curious to drive them with tubes, 211 or also OTL's..
My dealer have one pair of 845ae and offered me a good deal, when I listened those amps that he plugged on verity audio rienzi's (knowing that not more efficient than mines) had good soundstage but limited detail and sparkling..
Another my consideration would be nagra 845 tubes, having same power as carry's..
still need to know your experiences for wilson sophia 3 owners,
many thanks for your kind and valuable responses
I assume that I also think not all 845 are equal, thats matter of design and equipment structure that defines the sound criteria...but I really dont understand what the distortion makes good sound could anybody clear this subject...if we audiophiles like the distortion (as some describe as to be) how you gonna define the good sound as a bunch of distortion...man I am getting confused here..maybe this is gonna take another threat subject..very interesting and confusing matter.
Nagra is one of my considerations..thank you for your very valuable feedbacks, before trying is not possible to comment but anyhow i am digging to find a gold. another consideration a conrad johnson lp275 but is gonna cost me a fortune anyway if you have also experience on conrad johnson running with wilsons are quite valuable thank you again and happy listenings to all
For whom is interested..I added Quad II mono blocks (15 watts on KT66), very good match with sophias. My respect for my speakers are improved they are singing like birds, off course vintage Quads are a big part of this contribution..They did miracles 40 years ago, very surprising to hear that they run side by side with krell on 600 watts class A..I love this hobby..
Charles thank you for your response..I feel another journey has started as now I am on the era of single end triode's and I had a very high entusiasm and curiosity for trying many 845, KT66, 88-90-120's even 300B's..I count on wilsons for that manner because the flat response make it quite suitable for both solid state and tubed amplifiers..but sincerly I prefer tubes and tube sound..specs also are valuable but only I trust to my ears, I believe still physics doesnt defines the difference between solid state and tube design..but ears could understant this..by the way your system looks wonderfull congrats..