Warm/Forgiving AES/EBU digital cable less then $1000

Hello Audiogon'ers...

I am looking for a warm/forgiving AES/EBU cable to hold me over for a bit while upgrades slowly come to fruition.

Anyone have any suggestions?
flip49er

Showing 4 responses by flip49er

I knew that question would come up...

I am using a Matrix Audio X SPIDIF 2. It is a glorious little device that converts USB signal to all the other digital outputs, including I2S. I prefer the AES/EBU in my setup. 
The cold unforgiving source is my source, which is an older laptop. It will be replaced at the end of this year. I was hoping to find something to get me by until then. Not crazy expensive. It will be the AES/EBU for a while after the server/transport upgrade until that gets upgraded as well.

The Cardas Clear is on the list as well as the Snake River Boomslang and possibly even the Purist Audio Neptune.

Anyone know these cables and their amount of forgiveness/warmth? 
That is the exact cable I am using now. Have had it in place for about a year and really like it, but hoping I can find something else. A little thinner and brighter then what I need.

I realize that I am polishing a turd here, but that turd is all I have till the end of the year! The new cable will go on the the new server when I get it.