Wall Outlet Oyaide, Furutek, Wattgate, and others

Hi

Any recommendation which the Better Wall Outlet : Bicchino , Furutek , Oyaide , Wattgate or Others?
i used the power. Cord : Elrod Statement Gold, Diamand for the Amp,
And Purist 25 Anniversary for the rest equipment.j
mehdi

Showing 9 responses by zd542

I don't know what the best is, but I like Furutech products. I'm very happy with mine.
When you guys are talking about the different metals for all the different outlets and connectors, do you consider the plating process? I know that you can't always plate over some metals directly and have to plate more than once. For example, lets say you want to plate some brass connectors with gold. Before you do the gold plate, you may have to plate the connector with another metal like nickle first, and then do the gold. (To be clear, I don't know if you have to do this with plating gold on copper. I'm just using it as an example.)
"The most important thing in your power delivery system is “low series resistance”"

How do you know that?
If low series resistance is the most important thing in power delivery, then why didn't someone do it sooner? Its a fairly simple concept.
"I do not want to destroy a 3- dimensional sound!"

Anyone who messes up a 3D sound has to deal with Bo. He won't put up with anything under 3 dimensions.
I was thinking about my post above regarding plating. I got this off the Cardas web site.

"Materials: All of our male RCA plugs are machined from brass. Contact surfaces are plated with silver, silver with a rhodium flash, or gold. Outer barrels are plated with silver or gold. Dielectric is FEP."

If you read above, a brass rca connector is plated with silver. After that, they plate it again with gold or rhodium. That's 3 different metals. So if you buy either a gold or rhodium connector, it has a silver plate underneath that you are probably not aware of. I'm wondering how much that intermediate plate has on sound quality.
"07-07-14: Audiolabyrinth
Recommendations? The furutech GTX-D gold or Rhodium?, one recepticle for the Krell 700cx, the other for a lovely sounding tube vincent cd-s7 digital player."

I've been very busy for a while now and haven't been able to keep up with my threads. It's good to see you've found a CD player that you like. And by the looks of it, you're trying to finally plug your Krell in. And now for the big question. lol. Are the tubes in your Vincent hard wired to the board or are they in a socket?
"Zd542, Do you own any tube products?, cheers."

I may be able to find a piece or two laying around the house.
I've had lots of tube gear over the years. I am kind of surprised in that most of my gear is now SS. I only have 2 pieces of tube gear currently. I have a VAC amp in my 2nd system and an Aesthetix preamp in my main system. But in my main system, my CD player has a volume control. I go back and forth. Sometimes I prefer the preamp, and other times I like just the CD player. It really depends on the recording. If I had to choose just 1 way, I would leave the preamp in the system.