Wadia 850 repair? Suggested replacement?

Hello,
I have a Wadia 850CDP I have owned since around 97-98 (I think). About 5 years ago it developed a problem with the loading mechanism and a CD got stuck. Wadia was able to repair and all was okay till about 2 weeks ago. Now there's a grinding sound when the drawer opens and as it reads the CD and now it will occasionally skip. I have contacted Wadia (now ARC owns them) and I'm told they no longer support it :-(
Does anyone know of a place that might be able to fix it? Preferably in the NYC area. If my fear is realized and it can no longer be repaired, what do you guys suggest as a replacement? Preferably under $5k. TIA and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!
jcatral14
I'm baaaaack.
Sorry I never updated everyone. I took my 850 to Scott at SG Custom and he was very nice and tried his best but not being able to secure the parts, it was a no go :-(

Ended up with a PS Audio DS Junior and Perfect Wave Transport. I love it!

Fast forward a week ago at a Facebook Audio page...someone mentioned Wadia and they had a model with a broken transport and someone replied and suggested George Meyer. (I should have come back to this thread, duh!) Long story short, I contacted them and Morris got back to me and my Wadia is on its way there! It seems George Meyer purchased several pallets worth of Wadia parts and they can now repair most, if not all, Wadia products!
Can't wait to get my baby back! And to think I almost sold it for scrap :-0
I'll update once I get her back. Promise.
HAGWE
jay

jcatral14

Update me on the Wadia 850 repair status?

Happy Listening!