VTL Siefried vs Audio Research 610T

Hello, What are you thoughts on these two amps? I'm looking to purchase a pair of one of them. The speakers are Wilson Maxx II's.

VTL's price was raised to 50k for these amps so that might not them out of the running.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

THanks,
jon_p

Showing 1 response by dev

Jon_p I did not want to hi-jack your thread but I have some insight of amps with MAXX 2's. If you have the chance get some CAT's to try do your self a favour and do so. A friend has the JL3 mono blocks and the sound was marvelous, he actually recently replaced the MAXX 2's with Asendo M speakers which I will say I prefer another person whom I communicate back and forth with has the CAT JL2 SIG. MK2 stereo amp with his MAXX 2's and says it's a perfect match. I have not heard his system so I can't comment. I had the 610's trying them with my Avalon Isis speakers and VTL 750's but sold everything off. This was a set-up in my designated room and was having manly problems with the Avalon's filling the room properly, I have another system with MBL 101E speakers and I'm awaiting to receive CAT JL3 SIG. MK2 mono blocks along with Berning Quadrature-Z mono blocks. The latter only 24 pairs being made and from what I've read look very interesting.

My 2 cents worth, have fun.