VPI Classic 3 anyone try a Denon 103R

I have to admit, all the cartridges and turntables that I have been thru over the years, I really found that I really enjoyed the Denon 103R as much as any..AND I have had quite a few!

I just bought a new Classic 3 in Rosewood...I just wondering if anyone has tried it on a Classic 3.. Is it a match with this arm? Compliance issues? Other?

How bout phono stage recomendations?

thankyou-

Bobc
bobc

Showing 2 responses by vinylmad814

The Denon Dl-103 family of cartridges while being known as solid performers for the money($400 range?), certainly can be bettered by many cartridges. Even some MM carts in my opinion will outperform the Denon-103R. Of course you will have to expand your budget to achieve this.Firstly and foremost you have to set a budget for both the Cartridge and phono stage because sky is the limit when trying to recommend a good set up. I do know Dynavector cartridges mate very well with the VPI 3. Also if considering the Denon like with many MC's, you typically will need a phono stage with at least 60 dB gain.
Bobc, again grats on your new rig. I am to thinking about going for a VPI TT. Most likely the the 2 but knowing that you have the 3 I would like to hear as to what you do finally choose as a cartridge. Keep us updated!!!