VPI Aries 3 Questions - Looking to make a switch

I have a VPI Aries 3 turntable with the following upgrades. Periphery Clamp, Mini HRX Feet, Super Platter, XLR Junction Box, SDS Speed Controller, Single Flywheel motor. I am presently running a Lyra Delos with 200 hours on it. I love the sound of the turntable, but it is simply too big in my opinion. 

I am pondering trading it for a VPI Classic 3 or similar. I also can get a good deal on an AMG Giro. I am wondering how the performance of my current rig would compare with a smaller footprint VPI like a classic 3. I don't want to take a step backwards. I was also wondering how my current rig would compare in performance to the AMG Giro.

I was also wondering what my rig is worth with and without the Lyra Delos? 

Thank you.

pilrem

Hello,

I had  VPI Aries 3D. With single motor flywheel, ring,hrx weight. I upgraded to 10 inch dual pivot fatboy which improved sound. Later Upgraded to 12 inch dual pivot fatboy , avenger ref feet and magnetic drive. Each step -I noticed improvement. 
I would recommended trying to get the Fatboy. I prefer dual pivot over gimbal. 
Classic 3 maybe a lateral move. 

I pulled the trigger the AMG Giro. The more I studied and the more people I talked to eventually convinced me. I will eventually give my thoughts on the move after I had a chance to let things settle in.

I will truly miss the Aries 3. 

I have heard AMG tables many times and I am blown away by their performance. I couldn't not get one! 😉

Post removed 

I have Superscoutmaster/rim drive/classic platter/vpi 2nd pivot arm/on Bearpaws very large brass cones....aside from changing belts.....no problems....all good.