Vitus Ri100 with Dyns Good Combo?

Gents, am after your input, current setup:

Contour 5.4
BHK DAC Junior
Parasound JC 2 pre
Parasound A21 power

Would the Vitus a step up from the current pre/power? Look forward to your input.

shingy
shingy
The A21 is your weak link the JC 5 would be better, however the entire setup of preamp and amp would be bettered by moving into an uber integrated from Vitus, Gryphon or T+A.

The Vitus gear does tend to sound warm, which may not be a good thing with the Dynaudios, the Gryphon and T+A are both warm but not as warm as the Vitus gear. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Thanks @audiotroy . The systems above are not mine, it belongs to my mate. After hearing the Contour 5.4 driven by the Gryphon Diablo, he wanted to try something else. At this stage a new  Vitus/T+A/Gryphon is out of his budget, well....atm. :)

audiotroy1,002 posts07-19-2018 5:19amThe Vitus gear does tend to sound warm, which may not be a good thing with the Dynaudios, the Gryphon and T+A are both warm but not as warm as the Vitus gear.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I think that’s a bit of a generalization. I would describe the previous model SS-102 power amp & the SIA-025 integrated as warm, however the SM-011 & Masterpiece series for example are more neutral. Also, the new RI-101 integrated I recently reviewed is more neutral in tonal balance & natural sounding, with just a touch of warmth.

The other observation i’d make from listening to most of the Vitus line over the years is, VA gear matches very well with a wide range of speakers. I guess that comes down to the design and sound signature of their products. Boulder is another manufacturer which pairs well with a wide range of speakers and front end components, especially the latest series.