Vintage Bogen Mono Blocks D070's-

Does anyone have information on these Monoblock's? i.e. Specs, wpc, quality of sound, Value, Ect. Thanks, Rich
audiofan1

Showing 1 response by frankt88

Answers like this have to stop stop stop. Bogens are some of the best HiFi gear ever made. The factory in NJ custom wound their own transformers and even did some work for other companies using their machines. The steel was special high grade grain oriented steel they called "Selectron" which yielded some of the best sounding iron ever produced. Their specs were better then McIntosh when compared in size for size amps. For example the DB110 is probably the best sounding 12 watt amp ever made with a bass range that is unmatched by any other 6V6 in their class. The DO70 was HiFi all the way and could produce power bursts up to 300 watts cleanly for short periods of time. I could go on and on. Their engineers were able to get 100 watts out of 2 EL34's. Their DB130 are unequaled at 35 watts and better then the McIntosh MC30's. Bogens ARE SLEEPERS!!. Period. There I said it and I am OK with that!!!