Victor TT 801

Hi all.
Anyone own it?
Has it ever been necessary to carry out a recap or suffered a failure and carry out the calibration or repair without a service manual available in the world?
128x128best-groove
It’s silly to argue about this. Obviously a swollen or leaky cap has to be replaced. By “leaky” we mean both electrically (leaks DC voltage) or physically (leaks fluid). I can’t recall what happens to the capacitance of those tiny types with values under 5uF, so I don’t doubt you. And I agree you do find those in vintage DD turntables in-circuit. Typical PS lytics in the range 50 uF and higher exhibit a rise in ESR as they age, whether uF goes up or down.
bad news....TT 801 service manual to get paid copy I have not yet found in the world.  :(

The TT-81 sm shows a single PCB in the explosive view. In section 11, only one half-moon shaped board named TAS-19C is described fpr layout & components.

My TT-801 has two larger half-moon shaped boards plus another smaller one between those two and the platter. Which speaks for the theory that TT-801 is a higher-intergrated version of TT-101 

@best-groove try wilkinsons in Lancashire UK. They have the JVC museum and worked on my two tt101's ask for David and mention that they were recommended by me 'Lohan'

After limited investigation, it seemed the TT801 is a TT101 with  vacuum platter. The TT801 used ICs where the TT101 used discrete transistors, in order for the 801 to accommodate the plumbing necessary for the vacuum feature.