Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II

I just received this months Stereophile. I was surprised to see a review of the new Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II.

The only difference between the Signature & the Signature II that I saw mentioned, was the II has the same midrange as the 3A (it did not say 3A Signature). Does anyone know of other changes between the (now old) Signature & the new Signature II?
ecruz
I saw the review, too, and found it unclear as to which features were new and which were carryovers from the previous version. But I believe it said that the tweeter was new, something about a thin ceramic coating and a wave guide. The review was obviously not written to address those who are curious about the specific differences—either features or sound quality—between the old and new versions. As of yesterday, Vandersteen's Web site didn't even give a clue that there's a new model.
-Bob
I wouldn't change a thing abut my 2Ce sigs, they are just fine by my standards and I refuse to be angsty about an available upgrade.
We'll find out more detail after the show...stay tuned. So far it's a new model with the 3A Sig midrange and tweeter. Retail price is $2,145 with stands. Delivery starting in 2007...
Still awaiting the January Stereophile . . . So is the midrange from the 3A or 3A Sig? Sounds like the tweeter is ceramic-coated, which means it's different than the 3A Sig tweeter. Anyone figured out the real story?
If the Sig II has the 3A Sig midrange & tweeter, does that mean there'll be a new 3A Sig coming? Doesn't make sense to have the 2Ce Sig II that's very similar to the 3A Sig for $1500 less.