Van Alstine - anyone try his new products?

He has a new website and it is very professional. I'm most interested in getting feedback from anyone that has tried the trancendence 7 or 6 pre-amp. This is a hybrid 12at7/mosfet design.
Thanks
reb1208

Showing 1 response by web4950

I bought one of the first T7s in May 2002. It has become my favorite audio device. It has great dynamics, imparting CD - like range to vinyl. The linestage is dead black; a friend recently remarked that we were carrying on a normal conversation with the volume cranked up, just adjusting to the quieter patches for our patter. Someone mentioned a slight lack of soundstage and imaging. These factors are so room and source dependent as to make this a moot arguement. I am running Mackie H824s powered nearfield monitors that have a very wide, shallow wave guide around the tweeter, this design produces a wide soundstage and good imaging. My wife's favorite guitarist is Roy Buchanan, I used to consider him a a master of technique with only a modicum of taste, the T7 shows his genius with attack and decay I have not heard on any other peamp except the Lamm II during my last two years of auditioning and research.