Usher CP-6311 Tube Amp Recommendation

I know everyone has their own thoughts and ideas on any subject and I am probably opening up a "can of worms". I am looking for a tube amplifier recommendation to work well with my Usher CP-6311 speakers. Usher recommends using them with a solid state amp, but I am possibly looking to venture into the world of tubes. My current setup includes: Balanced Audio Technologies (BAT) VK-30 tube preamp, Acurus 100 X 3 solid state amp (remaining from my home theater setup), Thorens TD125 MKII turntable with SME 3009 arm, Acurus CD player, Usher CP-6311 two way speakers. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks
epeabs

Showing 2 responses by stereos

I have a pair of usher 6311's and at the bottom of the speakers is a place where there are 6 screws and I took that off and found an empty cavity is this a place to put lead shots or something to dampen the speaker does anyone know? There is nothing in the bottom just empty space so is this area designed to put lead shot into ..Thank you could anyone tell me is this what the purpose 
this opening is for otherwise ......Robert   ..... Please reply
I have a pair of the usher 6311 I am using a single ended KT88 tube AMP class A 1KT88 for each channel ABOUT 10 TO 12 WATTS WORKS GREAT ....I HAVE A QUESTION MAYBE SOMEONE COULD HELP ME WITH .....
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SPEAKER IN BACK THERE IS A PANEL WITH 6 SCREWS I TOOK IT OFF AND  IT HAS AN EMPTY CAVITY  ....IS THIS MADE TO LEAD SHOT INTO FOR DAMPENING?  DOES ANYONE KNOW? THANKS.............................