Used CD player for 200-300

I want to purchase used cd player. I say used because I'm hoping I can get a better used player for this price than one could get new. For instance I have seen an Ultech cd player which is nearly ten years old for sale, and I have read good things about them. I thought I would ask for a few opinions. I have also toyed with the idea of using a Denon 2910 DVD player or something like it instead. A few opinions/suggestions would be nice. I'm quite tempted by the Ultech because I like simplicity, like the old phrase "less is more".
jdfelice

Showing 6 responses by jdfelice

Thanks for the info guys, I forgot to mention I would also like to listen to the few HDCD's that I have. I don't think the REGA plays them. I'm not sure about the NAD. The Ultech is old, but it seemed to be rather highly regarded at that time. I figured if it was that good then, it would still be pretty nice now. Maybe looking for a HDCD player isn't worth it.
after taking a few minutes to look, the NAD looks pretty nice. It's also rather new compared to the Ultech. I think I'll watch for a NAD. The Oppo's seem to be respectable, but this would not fit my simplicity preference. I always like Denon equipment, is there a Denon model that would be worth buying?
What I meant by that statement was,
Oppo all in one units are not simple CD players. I was inquiring about a Denon CD players not an all in one unit. Sorry, it wasn't very clear.
I just thought since I was looking for a CD player to listen to music, I may be able to find a used unit that would be better sounding than a new all in one. The NAD's sound like they fit the description, but may have reliability problems. The Music Hall units are still on the high end of my budget. If i'm patient, i'll find one in my price range, if not I might take a chance on a NAD.
The Original looks nice, but a little high for my budget. I found a music hall player at the top of my budget. I think I'll give it a try if I can get it, If not the NAD C542 will be in my future. Thanks for everyones input.
Is there a difference between the Shanling S100 and the Music Hall 25.2 Players?

Who performs mods to the NAD c542's? I'm not really interested in modifying anything at this time, but it might be something I would like ot try in the future. The Music Hall seems popular to modify, but I haven't seen much on the NAD.