Upgrading woofers in a/d/s L2030, need help

Hi folks, I have a pair of a/d/s L2030 speakers which have two 14" woofers in sealed enclosures. I am unaware of how many cu ft each driver is exposed to.
The drivers have a hexagonal shape.

I have owned a pair of infinity irs beta's in the past and loved the bass response. I am driving a bi-amp setup with one adcom 555 for the woofers both sides.

I am not getting enough bass out of the speakers, but I love the mids and highs, so I was thinking of upgrading the drivers.

I would create a plate out of metal to match the hexagonal shape of the original drivers, and then cut out an appropriate mounting circle.
I could get away with 13" or more standard 12" drivers.

As tacky as it seems, I may select a car audio driver that works well with sealed enclosures of various sizes. I had one of the 14" drivers replaced, and when it was out I noticed how puny the magnet was. And how today's voice coil structures and magnets seem infinitly larger.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew
avninja21782

Showing 2 responses by avninja21782

Hello there,

I have a C2000 already, but if I didn't I would have contacted you immediately. Thank you for your offer though.

Andrew
Thank you for your responses. I thought about the things you are saying, the number are variables that would upset the balance seem too great. Of course, I would have only modified the speakers so that they could be returned to normal, but perhaps this isn't the way to go.

I hesitated at adding subwoofers because of the already large size of the 2030s and my belief that with the proper drivers, they wouldn't be needed.

But I will reconsider this. But I can't see any a/d/s sub or single subwoofer being able to outperform or take over the duties of 4 14" drivers. So if I'm going to get subwoofers, they are going to have to be quite powerful.

Thanks
Andrew