Upgrading Fuses

Have a Audio Research Ref 3 and am considering upgrading the fuses but I am a little skeptical. Would like to hear from people who have try this. Hard to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. All advice appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
I went ahead and purchased the Supreme fuse for my CDP. I had a gold HiFi fuse in it and the new fuse was much better.
More open and airy in the soundstage. The highs are more extended and very smooth. The speed and attack increased also. The bass has a slight bit more energy but not as much bloat as before.
All in all I'm very pleased.
Has anyone else tried the new Audio Magic Nano Fuses?

I have the classic Hifi Tuning fuses in my Magnepan 1.7's. These make a huge difference vs. stock. Much better details, more attack, tames top end harshness and opens up the soundstange. I would say this is a must for the 1.7's! I have recently put in a new Supreme fuse into my NAD M3's pre-amp section. Wow, huge difference. The soundstage extends much deeper in the room and instruments are now seperated and easy to listen to. The effect was mostly on the top end and overall the amp simply sounds much more powerful. I tried putting silverstars in the amp section of the NAD, but the top-end overwhelmed the mid-range. I would like to attempt to replace the classic fuses I have in the Magnepan's with the new audio magic fuses or furutech. Does anyone know which fuse has the smoothest top end, with a balanced mid-range?
I have a theory on fuse directionality...I installed the HiFi Supreme fuses in my pre and then source. Because of all the direction controversy I was compelled to test this myself on the pre(CJ CT-5) where its installation made a pronounced difference. Upon switching directions shortly after initial install (A>B>A), I wasn't convinced of a difference - but after about a week I noticed a slight edginess in the treble - and recalled that others have noted this with 'wrong' direction installs. Reversing the direction this time did make the difference.

So my opinion is that the fuse has no intrinsic preferred direction, but that the high voltage 'tunneling' effect is what causes the difference in sound. Tunneling effect is reasonably well accepted for interconnects/speaker cables, and the voltages here are certainly higher so effects may be even more pronounced? If others have noted audible differences, or determined they were installed in the wrong direction, only after some hours of initial use - this would support the tunneling theory. Any better ideas?

Sorry if someone else posed a similar thought - there are too many 'fuse' posts to read thru.

AJ
Noticed I used 'voltages' flagrantly. Although this is AC, the load, or draw, is presumably directional - So I should have said load.
I've tried it and it made a difference. It made my system more open, faster, articulate, tighter bass and more fluid treble. Listening to familiar music netted new details unheard before. I've tried it first on preamp and heard the change immediately. After that I changed the ones in the amplifiers. The difference became more obvious. Same presentation but more obvious to hear. I don't have golden ears but in my opinion a revealing system.

Changing fuse direction also changed the sound. This time it lost the openness and became darker. Bass became rounder, less detail overall but still better than stock (Bussman ceramic). I guess it depends on what the listener likes.