Upgrade to McIntosh

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my hi-fi sytem.I demod MC 275 recently and loved the tuby,warm house sound of Mcintosh.

I will be pairing them with Sonus Faber Olympica 1.

I am torn between MA352 integrated and MC275+C8 separates. The latter is obviously more costly but I am willing to go for it if there are advantages.

How would the sound differ? What would be the most notable distinction between the two system in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

@willg1985

Can you be specific on the Tung-sol tubes you replaced the stock tubes with.  I'd like to try it.  Thanks

@dreas I hear hear great things about the Revel F328Be speakers though I haven not auditioned them. How is the soundstage and imaging ? Would you say the sound is on the euphonic and dynamic side than accurate ? Three 8" woofers must be giving you a big, full sound I guess?

Wolfgang………. Yes many of us buy online. I usually stick with a couple bigger ones. Tube store. Tube depot. Are two I’ve used often enough with no disappointment from either. 

@wolfgangamadeusaudiophiliac 

You don't have to replace the stock tubes. They are good stable tubes that will last thousands of hours. I decided to swap mine out after roughly nine months of listening with the JJ tubes. I was curious if a higher grade of tubes would make a difference. I learned that it did make a difference. I purchased mine from Tube Depot and Upscale Audio. Good experience with both stores.