Upgrade path direction

Due to a unfortunate situation with the plumbing in my finished basement (all of my gear was away and safe from damage) where my main listening system usually resides as I am working to replace drywall and carpeting I am also contemplating a gear upgrade for when I reassemble the room and my main 2 channel system rig.

Currently my setup is as follows:

Digital front end - Roon -> Node 2i -> Chord 2Qute

Analog front end - Pro-Ject Debut -> Schiit Mani

Linear Tube Audio Microzotl MZ2 -> First Watt Aleph J -> Klipsch RP-600M

While I would love to upgrade my speakers to something like a used pair of Zu Omen / Dirty Weekends or Wharfdale Linton Heritages Im not sure that is something I can convince my wife that we need.

So I have turned my attention to the Phono Preamp and the Preamp. Would an upgrade to a my phono preamp to something like a Sutherland or Musical Surroundings Phonomena II+ be a better option, or upgrading my preamp to an a used Audio Research LS25 or Cary SLP-98?

I'm thinking I would realize a bigger difference with the phono upgrade, but figured I would poke for opinions on here. As always, thank you for your time and comments!

128x128markf31

I can't recommend these but the articles I have read on the new JBL's and KLH are really interesting and thought provoking.  I want to audition them myself.

Which is priority, analog or digital? If analog I would replace the TT. Then the phonostage. I believe your digital components to be of relatively higher quality than your analog components. 

I believe the preamp and amp to be the best sound quality components within your system.

If you could get 'buy in" from the wife the other upgrade I would make (the1st one if analog is not a priority) is a change of speakers. The power of your amp will restrict your choice of speakers however.  Often a change in speakers begets a change in the amplifier.

djspinner, it was not a sump pump.

mesch, I think you're comment is spot on about my current situation.

Some good comments to chew on, as always I appreciate everyone's time and comments.