Upgrade entire system, speakers first

I want to upgrade everything but thought I would start with speakers. Room is about 10 x 12 ft. Current system is Arcam alpha 8 integrated, Arcam CD and PSB bookshelf speakers on stands. Listen to mostly jazz and chamber music but would like to be able to listen to orchestral pieces as well. Budget for new system will be around $10K, thinking SS integrated, CD and speakers, new, not used. I would like to start with speakers now, maybe $4K and upgrade components 6 to 12 months later (cash flow!). Any suggestions for speakers appropriate to my small room would be appreciated (with comments on components to match in the future).
artch

Showing 1 response by tqt2005

Can I suggest you listen to a pair of Audes speakers, Excellent 3? I find these speakers to be very good for in the range of 4K and looks good. These speakers are relatively efficient @88db (2.83V/1M)I think you can pick one up for around 3.5K if you can wait. I listened to these last night powered by the Belles Reference 150 amp/Pre-amp from Exempler audio. WOW I would never guess the Belles/Audes can sound so good. The Belles is retail for $3K and again to can probably buy it used for less. Make an effort to listen to the Belles 150 reference because it's a must......

www.audes.ee
www.powermodules.com
Good luck